Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Seeing Our Sweet Boy

 This will probably be the last post for the day... 




We are with Eli now!

We are so thankful to be able to see Eli now! He has opened his eyes a bit and moved his arms around. He even got a little feisty and tried to take out his oxygen tubing from his nose! 

Praise God for keeping him safe! We have such an amazing team here at Sutter. We are so thankful!

Everything looks good so far. He's comfortable and just resting.

Before today, I kept praying that God would allow him to come back to the PICU without the breathing tube (extubated)because Ella was never able to successfully extubate. So this was a big fear of mine. God was so gracious and Eli was able to extubate in the operating room! I am so thankful that I didn't have to see him that way. Even though he was extubated, it was hard to come into the room and see him laying there hooked up to everything. He opened his eyes and saw us and winced and cried as if in pain... I guess that's to be expected when you have your ribs broken and skin cut open... 😳 Tears ran down my face as I watched him struggle a bit. One good thing about having to wear a mask the whole time is that people can't tell as easily when I'm crying haha!

We cannot thank you enough for praying for our boy. The hospital stay should be between 3-6 days so much shorter than we are used to! I ask that you would continue to pray for him to heal and that his pain would be managed well. Please also pray for Matt as he is sleeping in the room with Eli this week and we only got 3-4 hours of sleep last night, so he is exhausted. I would also like to ask you to pray for the boy that took Eli's previous surgery date. He has been on ECMO (life support), which we've experienced before, and he doesn't seem to be doing very well. Pray for him and his family please. It is weird not having the sickest child on the floor. Makes my heart break for his family since we know it all too well. 

Love, 

Jillian

6 comments:

  1. He's a rockstar. Praying both of your boys get some sleep tonight (And that you do as well!) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of Continued Prayers coming, please let us know you need anything!!🙏❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll continue to pray - am encouraged by the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for pain to be alleviated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a strong boy ! Lots of good thoughts and I hope Matt gets a little more rest I know it’s hard there. Thinking of you all. 🤗 Get some rest yourself sweet mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a strong boy ! Lots of good thoughts and I hope Matt gets a little more rest I know it’s hard there. Thinking of you all. 🤗 Get some rest yourself sweet mama.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday... Thursday...Friday-We Are Home!

Wow. Talk about a whirlwind.  Sorry I wasn't able to update everyone on Thursday. Things just got so busy!!! It was so different than wh...