Monday, June 10, 2019

Results of the Heart Cath

Hi everyone,

So the cath was done around 2:40! It was done much quicker than anticipated, so that's cool! Unfortunately there wasn't a ton good news from it, but I'll start with the good points...

  • Her collateral veins that she has created because of the clots are doing well! Her body created a relatively large one which is good. 
  • The IVC (which would be used in the Fontan) is at 15.5mm and we needed it to be at 15mm to be able to do the next surgery.
  • The pulmonary valve pressures were good!

Now with the tricky part... Her aortic valve has big issues. The leak that they have tried to correct in surgery (last August) is not resolving and is worse off than previously thought. It is creating pressure issues which is not allowing enough blood flow for to her heart (coronary arteries).  

So what does that mean now? 

Two possible options: Fontan surgery with an aortic replacement or a heart transplant.

Dr. Hill will be talking with Dr. Nasirof and Dr. Watanabe (surgeons) about the risk factors in the Fontan option tonight. Dr. Hill has never seen an aortic valve replacement on a single ventricle child. Shocker right? HAHA! Little Ella... Always trying to test the doctors... They will also be contacting Dr. Hanley at Stanford to get his input, but this won't be until Monday.

The heart transplant would be risky, but possibly less risky than the Fontan/aortic valve replacement--we are still waiting to hear what the surgeons say. The transplant would also mean that we would have to be down at Stanford for three months. BUT it would mean that she could live a "relatively normal" life. 

There's risk in everything, but we know who holds her in His hands and there's no other place we'd rather have her.

Matt and I are still processing it all, especially because it was not what we anticipated... It's hard not to be frustrated or angry about it. Tonight we will stay at the Ronald McDonald House and mull it over. They are taking one med away and want to see how she reacts so we will be here for another 48 hours checking on that. We are going to try sprinting her off the vent while we are here as well. 

Love,
Jillian

6 comments:

  1. I am praying for Baby Ella as well as for you and Dad. 🙏🙏🙏❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for wisdom for the doctors and for Ella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your family every day. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay strong! Our hearts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed of HIV virus 4years,and I almost gave up on ever been cured because I have tried different medications of drugs and injections from different hospital to another, they always tell me the same thing, there is no cure for HIV/Aids all my effects to get cured was in vain, one day. But i never give up and I started making my research on herbal remedy on HIV/Aids because I believed nature has the power to cure all diseases.on my research I came across a testimony on the internet from a lady called Michelle from USA, who testified on how she was cured of HIV virus from DR JAMES HERBAL MIXED MEDICINE. I doubted at first time because i have been to different hospitals and lot of reputable doctors told me there is no cure for HIV virus but I picked up interest and gave it a try to contacted Dr James on his email drjamesherbalmix@gmail.comI told him my problem and he asked how long I have been HIV positive and how old I am, and I told him, he said I should not be worried that he will prepare me with his powerful herbal mixed medicine that will cure me from HIV, so I decided to listen to him and he commenced his treatment. 2 days later he told me that his powerful herbal cure for HIV Virus has been sent to me through DHL which got to me in 4days time. I used the medicine morning and evening as he prescribed for me for 21 days. I was totally cured and free from HIV/AIDS exactly as Dr James told me. I'm now free from HIV virus thank you so much Dr JAMES HERBAL MIX Medicine.

    DR James herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same HIV VIRUS or any type of human illness, including,Miscaririage stop medicine, Backache, Back pain, Herpes,cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Muscular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism, Lung disease. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Lupus
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN CONTACT EMAIL : drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com WHATSAPP: +2348152855846 

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday... Thursday...Friday-We Are Home!

Wow. Talk about a whirlwind.  Sorry I wasn't able to update everyone on Thursday. Things just got so busy!!! It was so different than wh...